Product DetailsThis landmark juvenile-delinquent drama scrupulously follows the classic theatrical disciplines, telling all within a 24-hour period. Teenager Jimmy Stark (James Dean) can't help but get into trouble, a problem that has forced his appearance-conscious parents (Jim Backus and Ann Doran) to move from one town to another. The film's tormented central characters are all introduced during a single night-court session, presided over by well-meaning social worker Ray (Edward Platt). Jimmy, arrested on a drunk-and-disorderly charge, screams "You're tearing me apart!!!!!" as his blind-sided parents bicker with one another over how best to handle the situation. Judy (Natalie Wood) is basically a good kid but behaves wildly out of frustration over her inability to communicate with her deliberately distant father (William Hopper). (The incestuous subtext of this relationship is discreetly handled, but the audience knows what's going on in the minds of Judy and her dad at all times.) And Plato (Sal Mineo), who is so sensitive that he threatens to break apart like porcelain, has taken to killing puppies as a desperate bid for attention from his wealthy, always absent parents.
* Disc One:
* New Digital Transfer from Restored Picture and Audio Elements.
* Commentary by Douglas L. Rathgeb, Author of The Making of Rebel Without a Cause.
* Disc Two:
* New 50th-Anniversary Documentary Rebel Without A Cause: Defiant Innocents.
* Vintage Documentary James Dean Remembered.
* Additional Scenes (Without Sound).
* New: 3 Segments from the Warner Bros. Presents TV Series including Dean's Famous Drive Safely Commercial TV Spot.
* Rare Screen Tests.
* Wardrobe Tests.
Store CommentsSpecial Features: Featurette: WB Presents: Behind the Cameras - Natalie Wood (7:00), Jim Backus (7:00), & James Dean (8:00) "Discovering A Rebel" (9:00)
How many would you like? (please only fill in space with numbers, not letters)