Product DetailsAdapted from Umberto Eco's best-selling novel, director Jean-Jacques Annaud's The Name of the Rose is a 14th century murder-mystery thriller starring Sean Connery as a Sherlock Holmes-esque Franciscan monk called William of Baskerville. When a murder occurs at a secluded Benedictine Abbey, William is called in to investigate. As he and his apprentice, Adson von Melk (Christian Slater), delve deeper and deeper into the case, more dead bodies begin to turn up. Eventually, Bernardo Gui, an inquisitor played by F. Murray Abraham gets involved, but he may not have the best intentions. Sean Connery's performance earned him the award for Best Actor at the 1988 British Academy Awards.
* Closed Caption
* Soundtrack remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1
* Vintage making-of documentary "The Abbey of Crime: Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose"
* Commentary by director Jean-Jacques Annaud
* All-new Photo Video Journey with Jean-Jacques Annaud
* Theatrical trailer
* Subtitles: English, Franšais, & Espa˝ol
No store comments are currently available for this product
How many would you like? (please only fill in space with numbers, not letters)