Product DetailsConsidered by many to be the first great American horror film, John S. Robertson's Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde allowed stage legend John Barrymore to deliver his first virtuoso performance on film.
Blending historic charm with grim naturalism, this version of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde is one of the more faithful of the many screen adaptations of Stevenson's story, recounting a visionary scientist's ill-fated attempts to unleash the human mysteries that dwell beneath the shell of the civilized self.
Mastered from a 35mm negative and complemented with a wealth of supplemental material, this Kino on Video edition beautifully showcases the dramatic brilliance and gruesome thrills of this influential American classic.
(Musical score compiled by Rodney Sauer and performed by the Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra)
Store CommentsSpecial Features
* "The Transformation Scene" A Rare 1909 Audio Recording
* Dr. Pyckle and Mr. Pride: a 1925 one-reel parody starring Stan Laurel
* "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde": an excerpt of the rival 1920 version starring Sheldon Lewis
* "The Many Faces of Jekyll/Hyde": an illustrated essay on the story's origins and incarnations
* "About the Score" by the Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
How many would you like? (please only fill in space with numbers, not letters)