Product DetailsOne of the most beloved American films, this captivating wartime adventure of romance and intrigue from director Michael Curtiz defies standard categorization. Simply put, it is the story of Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart), a world-weary ex-freedom fighter who runs a nightclub in Casablanca during the early part of WWII. Despite pressure from the local authorities, notably the crafty Capt. Renault (Claude Rains), Rick's café has become a haven for refugees looking to purchase illicit letters of transit which will allow them to escape to America. One day, to Rick's great surprise, he is approached by the famed rebel Victor Laszlo (Paul Henreid) and his wife, Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman), Rick's true love who deserted him when the Nazis invaded Paris.
The 2 Disc Special Edition Includes the following Special Features:
* New digital transfer with an Introduction by Lauren Bacall
* Nearly 10 minutes of newly found deleted scenes and outtakes
* Bacall hosts two documentaries, "You Must Remember This" and "Bacall on Bogart"
* "The Children Remember": parental memories from Stephen Bogart and Ingrid Bergman's daughters Pia Lindstrom and Isabella Rosselini
* The Looney Tunes homage "Carrotblanca"
* Premier episode from the 1955 Casablanca TV series
* Audio-only treasures: "Screen Guild Players Radio Production" with the three stars, plus rare scoring session outtakes
* Production history gallery: Photos, press materials, studio correspondence, memorabilia, musical outtakes, and production history
* DVD-ROM script to screen, weblinks
No store comments are currently available for this product
How many would you like? (please only fill in space with numbers, not letters)