Product DetailsThe lyrical, profoundly moving Still Walking (Aruitemo aruitemo) is contemporary Japanese master Hirokazu Kore-eda’s most personal work to date. Created as a tribute to his late mother, the film depicts one day in the life of the Yokoyamas, gathered together for a commemorative ritual whose nature only gradually becomes clear. Rather than focus on big dramatic moments, Kore-eda relies on simple gestures and domestic routines (especially cooking) to evoke a family’s entire life, its deep regrets and its daily joys. Featuring vivid, heartrending performances and a gentle naturalism that harks back to the director’s earlier, documentary work, Still Walking is an extraordinary portrayal of the ties that bind us.
Store CommentsSpecial Features
* New high-definition digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Hirokazu Kore-eda and director of photography Yutaka Yamazaki (with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition)
* New video interviews with Kore-eda and Yamazaki
* Documentary on the making of the film, featuring on-set footage
* New and improved English subtitle translation
* PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film critic Dennis Lim and recipes for the food prepared in the film
How many would you like? (please only fill in space with numbers, not letters)